LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fit buttons inside a table control

Hi , could you please lte me know how can I fit an array of buttons to one column of a table control in a way that when I change the size of the table control or if I open the vi in any screen they match with the height and width of the table cells ( picture is attached )

My anotehr questions is , I would like to see the whole table control but I have seen when I open the vi in different moniors , sometimes I can't see some part of the table control and I need to scroll up/down and write/left. How can I make sure the table control adjust iteself with the screen size?

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,196 Views)

Vote for this idea and wait a few LabVIEW versions (fingers crossed). 😄

Personally, in my programs I use arrays of clusters fo things like that (example), Here's a picture of a small section of one of my panels. The nice thing is that I don't need a table and can mix strings, numerics, buttons, etc, in any order.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,188 Views)

Hi Altenbach

Thank you for your suggestion. Is there any way to somehow link these array of buttons to the table control?

I tried to read the cell size and then change the button height and width according to that but still a small change will break everything and they don't fit inside the cells

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,167 Views)

I would not do it that way, too painful. 😄

Maybe you can use a plain table cells instead of buttons in these two columns and just make them bold and/or different background color. Look for mouse-down events and if the mouse was in one of these cells, act as if a button was pressed. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,163 Views)

Could you please let me know how can I how can I make them bold  

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,156 Views)