From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find the multisim vi in labview?

Dear NI family,

I am using the co-simulation function in NI Multisim to build a new VI based on the circuit design in it. However,

When I open labview, I can't find the VI in the software.

I am using LabVIEW 2016 and  Multisim 14 and as the help says"LabVIEW Multisim Co-simulation

For LabVIEW Multisim co-simulation to function, LabVIEW 2015 or 2016 (32-bit) is required"

I have put the LabVIEW Multisim Co-simulation/Labview/Multisim in the same directory.

Please give me some advice on how to find the vi.

Thanks.

Best,

Jason

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,726 Views)

Typically, Multisim is compatible with the latest 2 released versions of LabVIEW. To determine which LabVIEW version is compatible with your current Multisim version, you need to reference the Multisim Context Help. For further detail, refer to Multisim>>Help>>Multisim help>>Contents tab>>Simulation >>LabVIEW Multisim Co-Simulation.

LabVIEW Multisim Co-Simulation Compatibility

1. Copy the folder from here: C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2016\vi.lib\Simulation\EMI\Plugins\Multisim Design

2. To here: C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2017\vi.lib\Simulation\EMI\Plugins

You will need to restart LabVIEW to see the update

In your functions pallet goto: Control Design & Simulation > Simulation > External Models > MultiSim > Multisim Design

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,670 Views)

there was no functions in side external file
what can i do

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,756 Views)