From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find the maxima of Y and its corresponding X value in XY graph.

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am new in this field. I am getting a problem regarding to my vi and I need help.  I have read the excel data sheet in the block diagram and smoothed the X and Y values by SG filater. So my problem starts from here-

1. First I want to take derivatives of Y with respect to X . For this purpose I used the derivative function but I am not sure whether this is correct or not.

2. Next I want to plot the derivative of Y with respect to X and to find the X value for the maxima of dY/dX.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks-

My_vi.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,328 Views)

@bdcpp08 wrote:

Hi,

I am new in this field. I am getting a problem regarding to my vi and I need help.  I have read the excel data sheet in the block diagram and smoothed the X and Y values by SG filater. So my problem starts from here-

1. First I want to take derivatives of Y with respect to X . For this purpose I used the derivative function but I am not sure whether this is correct or not.

2. Next I want to plot the derivative of Y with respect to X and to find the X value for the maxima of dY/dX.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks-

My_vi.png

can you provide exact requirement on whats your input and what is your expected output "Title and contents seems mismatching"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,325 Views)

use this sorting vi so that u can get the maximum of one value with respect to the other.......

There are  two ways to tell s thanks in forums : either give Kudos or  Marked Solutions

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,316 Views)

Hi,

My inputs are voltage (V) and current (I) data which is in a excel spreadsheet  and my required output is the value of voltage corresponding the maxima (as shown in the picture below) of the first derivative of current with respect to the voltage (dI/dV).

My_vi1.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,310 Views)

@Rizwan00 wrote:

use this sorting vi so that u can get the maximum of one value with respect to the other.......

There are  two ways to tell s thanks in forums : either give Kudos or  Marked Solutions

are you trying to sort using some order (maximum to minimum) or trying to find the elemnt with maximum value in an array?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,307 Views)

use this vi... or else share excel data i will make a entire vi for ur case

Message 6 of 9
(4,304 Views)

i will sort and find maxima or minima 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,295 Views)
Solution
Accepted by bdcpp08

@bdcpp08 wrote:

Hi,

My inputs are voltage (V) and current (I) data which is in a excel spreadsheet  and my required output is the value of voltage corresponding the maxima (as shown in the picture below) of the first derivative of current with respect to the voltage (dI/dV).

My_vi1.png

If my understanding is correct you can do this simple methods

From the 2D Array Extract dI/dv and Voltage Value

USe Array Min Max Function and Get the Index of Maximum value for dI/dt and use the same index in voltage array which will give you the maximum voltage value

Message 8 of 9
(4,290 Views)

ya this will also help you....

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,286 Views)