LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find out which hardwaer I need to replace older one

Hi, years ago my collegue wrote a program using labview and came up with the hardware.

Unfortunately, the hardware is not working anymore and I would like to know what can Ido t find out what I need to have it replaced with newer/smaller hardware.

The setup is use to count pulses and output some calculated results on the screen.

Thank you very much for your help !!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,021 Views)

Can you give the list of the original hardware?

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,016 Views)

If you post the LabVIEW code (we need to see actual code, so you'll need to put all of the relevant VIs in a folder, compress the folder, and attach the resulting .zip file), we may be able to "guess" the device, or suggest a reasonable modern substitute.  Knowing the exact device and model number would also help a great deal ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,007 Views)

Tks It is at our other office.  I am hving it shipped today

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,986 Views)

Hi ray,

when you talk about hardware from NI you should just call their tech support…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,968 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,952 Views)

That is some REALLY old code (written in LabVIEW 6).  And it is using Traditional DAQ.  Get ready for a rewrite.  You will want to fix up that VI to use DAQmx.  Well, you will have to in order to use any newer hardware.  I recommend you give your local sales rep a call and discuss the hardware requirements.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 7 of 8
(2,942 Views)

OK Thank you very much for your time.  I will do.

Tks again,

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,933 Views)