From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to filtering signal of voltage data adquisition with "Median Filter"

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I am working with a displacement transducer, which I get voltage adquisition and a noisy signal.

I was trying to filtering signal using "Median Filter" but without success. Maybe I have a mistake using "right rank" and "left rank".

So I hope you can help me and get a better signal.

Attached the images and VI.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,942 Views)

I suspect the filter is working as expected, but since you're outputting to a waveform chart, it's stacking the entire DAQ waveform output end-to-end, one after another and you're getting strange 'looking' results because of that.

Try a waveform graph instead.
waveformChartVSwaveformGraph.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,916 Views)

Thanks for answer.

Ok I will try again with a waveform graph. So I have another question now, I need to calculate the derivative for certain range of signal, because I need to get the velocity from the displacement sensor. Do you think there will be no problem using waveform graph instead waveform chart?

Regards Mr. mud_light.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,909 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rubencho91

I wouldn't expect there to be any difficulty calculating a derivative.  The waveform graph is just a device through which the data may be visualized, the actual calculation will be performed using the data you've collected.  🙂

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,887 Views)