LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to extract transient oscillation stability time.

I need to get an approximate maximum stability time from all of these transient oscillations in this test data. I can see that the maximum stability time is a little over 2 seconds. I�m sure there is a way to extract this information from this data but cannot seem to come up with the method. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,306 Views)
How do you define "maximum stability time?" Since the data is both noisy and has different transient behavior on rising and falling transistions, the definition can have a significant effect on the measurement. I might take the mean of the last ten seconds before a transition and then calculate the time from first crossing 2*Standard Deviation from the mean to the last crossing.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,306 Views)
Defining the �maximum stability time� for this test data has been a pain from the start.
The spec reads, ��.shall stabilize with in 5 seconds� with no indication of what stability really is, and then requires a recording of the maximum stability time of all transitions. One 30-minute test results in 120 transitions. I was hoping to be able to use a VI to extract this information from my data and didn�t want to �reinvent the wheel� if this has already been done before. Thanks for the reply.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,306 Views)