LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to extract the xcontrol output

I created one xcontrol for pressure sensors . I am able to display the output correctly but i could not able to use the output for other inputs .

how to extract the xcontrol output

for clear understanding please see the attached vi testing .

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,386 Views)

Hi Nagaa,

you only get the input data - the same value as could be read from the wire directly...

But:

Your XControl could export some more properties and methods. That way you can easily read also those converted values: create a property "converted value" (or named similar) that gives back the displayed value. All that is explained in the help for XControl creation...

Btw.: Did you ever thought about using units display abilities of LabVIEW? LabVIEW supports atm, bar, Pa, psi, Torr, mHg. But who the hell is using other units than given by SI?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,380 Views)

I always measure velocity in furlongs per fortnight Smiley Tongue

Units are very powerful, and like any great magic, can result in serious unintended circumstances.

I've tried them a couple of times and decided they were more difficult to use than the value provided. Maybe it's better now, but I'm still on LV 8.6 😞

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Why-do-very-few-programmers-use-LabVIEW-unit-labels/td-p/1119746

Now is the right time to use %^<%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S%3uZ>T
If you don't hate time zones, you're not a real programmer.

"You are what you don't automate"
Inplaceness is synonymous with insidiousness

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,370 Views)

Thanks for replying mr.

As u suggested to add more properties i tried some trial and error methods but its not coming so please help to compleate remaining part

Thank you 

raja

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,355 Views)

@PhillipBrooks wrote:

Units are very powerful, and like any great magic, can result in serious unintended circumstances.

Though I have never used LabVIEW Unit labels, I am interested to know what unitended circumstances it could have?

-FraggerFox!
Certified LabVIEW Architect, Certified TestStand Developer
"What you think today is what you live tomorrow"
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,349 Views)

Hi Fragger,

just one classic circumstance: try to square a value with a unit!

- What's the result of squaring "1m", when LabVIEW takes over?

- What's the difference when using a simple multiplication function instead of the square function?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 6 of 6
(2,347 Views)