cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to export image from picture ring

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi All,

I have a picture ring, which has several png images.

Now I want to save those images as separate files. Any way to export them from the ring?

Thanks,

Anne

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(5,988 Views)

Save your ring as a Custom Control (Advanced->Customize then simply save to a .ctl file).  Then run the code in the following snippet (I do not make my hacks user friendly so be sure to browse to the paths before running).  All of the images are exported into the folder you specify.

ExportPNGFromRing.png

Message 2 of 10
(5,978 Views)

Could you please save it to a Labview8.5.1 vi?  I am using Labview 8.5.1 and couldn't open your vi.

Thanks a lot for helping and I really appreciate it.

Anne

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(5,975 Views)

Here you go in LV8.5.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(5,970 Views)

I was thinking that you could extract part of the front panel to get the image, convert it to png and repeat for each item in the ring.

Example_VI.png

It gets ugly if I leave the Increment/Decrement button visible but that can be overcome.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(5,966 Views)

Could you please send me the "PNG data to LV Image.vi" too?  I don't have it.

Thanks a lot.

Anne

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(5,951 Views)
Solution
Accepted by ergwser

I got rid of that and added a small fix since it turns out there are (at least) two different ways that the images are stored and I forgot that I typically ditch that VI anyway since it does not handle transparency.  VI attached in 8.5, changes shown here:

ExportPNGFromRing_v2.png

If you attach your .ctl file I could verify that it works as well.

Message 7 of 10
(5,948 Views)

Thanks a lot, everyone.

It works and I got all those transparent png images. 

I appreciate your help and have a good day.

Anne

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(5,941 Views)

Thanks for this example, it worked well.  I was able to quickly extract the pictures in my picture ring.

John Kidder
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(5,292 Views)

@John92124 wrote:

Thanks for this example, it worked well.  I was able to quickly extract the pictures in my picture ring.

We give thanks around here with Kudos.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(5,285 Views)