From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to estimate the transfer function of a plant from its input output characteristics in labview?

How to estimate the transfer function of a plant from its input output characteristics in labview (i.e I have step response of plant and I want the transfer function)?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,530 Views)

Hi,

You should take a look at the following forum:

How to estimate transfer function from real measurements data

There is also documentation on such issue in LabVIEW:

Modeling a System

transfer.png

Finally, there are examples which show how to use this function in LabVIEW (Help>>Find Examples ..)

Reagrds,

Valentin
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Architect
Certified LabWindowsCVI Developer
National Instruments France

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,473 Views)

Sir,

What I have is 5 different outputs for 5 different step inputs. Now I want the transfer function. So how to get a transfer function (approximte will do)? I cannot find similar example so please help me.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,397 Views)

@rodgersimon wrote:

Sir,

What I have is 5 different outputs for 5 different step inputs. Now I want the transfer function. So how to get a transfer function (approximte will do)? I cannot find similar example so please help me.

So you get 5 (more or less different) transfer functions..... where is the problem?

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,373 Views)

I have done in Matlab using system identification tools. There is provision to get only one transfer functon based on the input output data. I want to do the same in Labview. I am new to labview. Can you specify the steps that I need to perform to get what I intend to get.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,343 Views)

Frequency Response Function (Mag-Phase) VI

Owning Palette: Waveform Measurements VIs

Requires: Full Development System

Computes the frequency response and the coherence based on the input signals. Results are returned as magnitude, phase, and coherence.

or if you have the System Identification Toolkit

SI Estimate FRF VI

Owning Palette: Frequency-Domain Model Estimation VIs

Requires: System Identification Toolkit

Estimates the frequency response function (FRF) of an unknown system. Use the FRF to estimate a transfer function (TF) model or a state-space (SS) model of the system.

Wire data to the stimulus signal and response signal inputs to determine the polymorphic instance to use or manually select the instance.

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,319 Views)

Frequency Response Function (Mag-Phase) VI

Owning Palette: Waveform Measurements VIs

Requires: Full Development System

Computes the frequency response and the coherence based on the input signals. Results are returned as magnitude, phase, and coherence.

ANd much more if you have the System Identification Toolkit

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,319 Views)