LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to encrypt an Xlsx file in Labview

I figured out a way to encrypt a cab file with python and pandas, and I wish to know if there's a way to do the same thing in Labview?

Please let me know if there's a way.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,289 Views)

Treat the file as a file of bytes (i.e. ignore that it may have a structure, such as .xlsx) and apply any good encryption algorithm to it.  It would probably be a good idea to also encrypt the filename and extension ...

A number of encryption algorithms can be found on the LabVIEW Tools Network.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(1,243 Views)

Important question first: Is this encryption only for your own application where you control encryption and decryption fully yourself or does the resulting file need to be possible to decrypt also outside your application?

In the first case any reliable encyption/decryption solution can be used, in the second case you need to stay with standard methods such as a password protected ZIP file.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,219 Views)

@Nando88 wrote:

I figured out a way to encrypt a cab file with python and pandas, and I wish to know if there's a way to do the same thing in Labview?

Please let me know if there's a way.

Thanks.

so, you have a working python script - you could run this script via LabView's Python Node?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,203 Views)

The encryption and decryption only needs to be used in my applicattion.

Can you please tell me where can I find a solution that allows me to encrypt a file, save it to disk and then decrypt it.

I tried with the encryption compendium for labview in VIPM, and I get an error that says that I may not have the driver installed.

Can you please tell me if there is another easy way to encrypt/decrypt a file for free, using labview?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,191 Views)

The Encryption Compendium is not for free. You need a license in order to use it.

https://lvs-tools.co.uk/commercial_pricing/

There are VIs around to do AES encryption. That should work.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,185 Views)