From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to embed windows app into labview frontpanel

how can i integrate any open Windows appication in a labview frontpanel. In the attached vi it opens calc and brings to front. But i would like it to be on the labview frontpanel.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,059 Views)
  1. Never use a Stacked Sequence Structure!
  2. (Almost) never use an "ordinary" Sequence Structure -- the Error Line is in (most) LabVIEW Functions for a purpose -- use it to sequence your code.
  3. Have you tried running Calc in a sub-Panel?  It's not clear why you are doing this ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,011 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,001 Views)

Windows has Parent and Child functions that can allow for a window inside a window.  I wrote some demo code a while ago on how to embed Notepad in the front panel of a VI.  This was part of some code I posted on LAVA on the Multi Panel Interface which creates a dynamic number of things on a front panel that can be running and updated independently.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/How-to-run-an-exe-as-a-window-inside-a-VI/m-p/3113729#M893102

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,982 Views)