LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to edit the element value of the 2d array of string indicator While Vi is in run condition.

Solved!
Go to solution

I do not edit the element value of the 2d array of string indicator While Vi is in run condition how to edit 2d array of string  indicator

(only array control is easy to edit the element value  While Vi is in run condition.)

I need this requirement for my report generate project.

Anyone knows this concept Please Comment on me.

Thanks & Best Regards.  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 19
(1,761 Views)

An indicator displays whatever is in the wire connected to it, so change the data there.

I think you are missing some basic concepts of LabVIEW programming. Feel free to attach some simplified code we we can give more useful advice.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 19
(1,754 Views)

Hi  altenbach,

I try to change the data element in the array but it not working can you send any reference Video or Labview coding it might be very helpful for me..... 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 19
(1,727 Views)

Hi guru,

@guru13 wrote:

I try to change the data element in the array but it not working

So you created some code, but the code does not work as intended.

And now you refuse to attach that code - how should we tell you what you did wrong?

Why don't you follow Altenbach's suggestion to upload your VI?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 19
(1,718 Views)

sorry, I will attach the vi file but it is a long file so I will edit the code which part I would have a doubt.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 19
(1,712 Views)

Hi guru,

@guru13 wrote:

I try to change the data element in the array but it not working can you send any reference

Have you tried to use a simple array function like this:

What do you think is the result displayed in the array indicator?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 19
(1,706 Views)

@guru13 wrote:

I try to change the data element in the array but it not working can you send any reference Video or Labview coding it might be very helpful for me..... 

There are millions of ways to write non-working code for this problem and probably dozens of way to write working code. You need to narrow down the choices by showing us what you are doing.

An indicator is entirely passive and just shows what's it gets from other parts of the code. The wire is the data!!

Typically "replace array subset" is the preferable tool where an existing array is modified by changing the value of one element (or more) based on index. For a 2D array, you need to wire both indices to define one element, row and column!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 19
(1,701 Views)

thank you so much

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 19
(1,694 Views)

yeah, it a replace array in this code 1 row and 1 column element would be replaced 0.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 19
(1,692 Views)