LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to do voice recognition with labview?

Hi,

I downloaded the voice recognition example programs from ni.com, but I can't run the MS Agent User interface event example.vi properly. This program is supposed to recognize the voice commands from a microphone but it only recognize the voice command exit. Speech recognition works in other applications such as word. Any idea of what is wrong here? Do I have to train the program?

I also tried to run the MS Agent Signal Generation and Processing.vi ,that is included in the voice recognition examples, but I can't find the "Read Text Info (one file).vi". I checked on the demos.llb and controlmix.llb as the readme file suggested but it's not there. Do you know where to find this file?

I'm using LabVIEW version 7.1 and Windows XP.

Rosalia 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(6,362 Views)

Rosalia-

Which Voice Recognition file did you download? (Include a link or path) Did you follow the instructions of downloading the necessary files from MSDN and read the text files for setup configurations? This is probably some configuration that didn't get set but I don't know for sure now. These questions will help to narrow it down. Thanks!!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(6,316 Views)

I'm trying to do speech to text and I downloaded the file 203644.zip located on the following page http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/4401 . I read the corresponding readme file and downloaded the required files. But I'm having problems with the example MS Agent User Interface event example.vi because it shows an error in the subvi wait for voice event.vi, at MS Agent Get Data.vi saying that the object 0x 000000 is not valid. It looks like the program doesn't recognize the voice commands except the voice command exit.

Thanks

Rosalia

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(6,311 Views)

Rosalia-

Unfortunately I wasn't able to find anything because the low level VIs are password protected. I think that the problem might arise from ActiveX control resources. Microsoft has a problem with changing ActiveX names frequently so if he was using a different MS Agent (I can't even click on the link on that Voice Recognition page) then it might not work exactly the way it was created. He also developed the VIs in LV 6.1. My advice is to take a look at some newer Voice Recognition VIs like (http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/5977#toc3) and try to recreate it to fit your need. Hope this helps!!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(6,299 Views)

Hy

I am new to labview and I want to know how to do voice recognition in labview.My final project would be voice control elevator system.

I really ned help. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,938 Views)

Hello, thank you for using the NI discussion forums. This forum has been closed for several years, please create a new interaction so that you have a bigger chance to get possible answers. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,899 Views)

But I don't know to to post a new question in the forum.Smiley Surprised

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,889 Views)

Look at the top of the forum.  You will see a blue box that says "New Message"

Click it!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,879 Views)

I still cant do that.there's no blue box showing for new messages

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,860 Views)

If you don't see this, then try using a different browser.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,839 Views)