From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to do analog input output of PCI-6052 or 6071 using simple C/C++ language

I need to drive a dc motor and read the potentiometer using the NI PCI-6052 or PCI-6071E by programming in simple C or C++ or Borland C but not in visual C.
what should be the necessary steps?
how to access the memory registers of NI Cards using C commands?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,959 Views)

Hey,

First of all you posted your question in the LabVIEW board......this is not the right place for textbased programming questions. Smiley Wink

Just install the DAQmx Driver and work with the functions provided, you don't need register level programming.

BR, Christian

Message 2 of 5
(2,951 Views)
Hi Haider,

Adding to what Christian said here is a good link that should help you as well. 

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/5409

I found this by searching for "DAQmx text based" on ni.com. For future reference, the LabWindows forum or the Multifunction DAQ forum may be more fitting for this type of question.  The above link is a good place to get started, but if you want more direction on how to accomplish your application,  more detailed questions would help.  For example, are you unsure how to read an analog input signal? or maybe a how to create an analog output? or are you having issues conntecting or configuring your DAQ card?  Please post back if you have any more questions.

Neal M.
NIC AE
www.ni.com/support
Neal M.
Applications Engineering       National Instruments        www.ni.com/support
Message 3 of 5
(2,941 Views)
sir
i am already working with labview data acquistioin for 5 years So it is not a problem for me to connect or configure . I can build applications in labview to read the signals and output the resutlt to card terminal block. Now only requirement is to use C/C++ for analog in/out
already used
Labview 8
Nidaqmx 8.6
windows xp
thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,923 Views)
Just open the link posted by Neal, it will help you.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,913 Views)