LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to do a silent install of NI-DAQ 7.3.1?

I want to do a minimal silent install of NI-DAQ 7.3.1. I have found a few references, but none seem quite to provide all the information I need. Summary of my reasearch so far:

In these two threads (thread 1, thread 2) a user asks the same question as me, but for some reason the NI Applications Engineer just stops responding to the users' questions, although he does provide some information.

How to do install only particular features to install is specified for pre-6.9.0 in this knowledgebase entry, and this text file shows which components that are needed for specific features, but still only for pre-6.9.0.

Another knowledgebase entry explains how to specify individual components for 6.9.3 and up, but lacks information on which components (msi installers) that are needed for specific features.

Also this knowledgebase entry, which describes how to initiate the DAQ installer after your own installer, is very helpful.

In summary, I need information similar to that provided in the text file mentioned above on which parts of the full NI-DAQ 7.3.1 installation that are needed to install "just the NI-DAQ drivers" or "the NI-DAQ drivers and LabView 6.1 support files" etc.

Martin
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,430 Views)
Hello MartinManscher

The KB entry you mentioned shows three different specfiles. Try to scroll through the one for NI-DAQ 7.2 where each feature is explained in more details.

You have not mentioned if you are installing traditional DAQ or DAQmx?!

You should just install the root for the DAQ driver and then the support for the LAbVIEW version and the root for MAX...

Hope this helps you.
Regards

Mohadjer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,410 Views)