From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display simple shapes on graph ?

i want to use a graph for displaying simple shapes only. the x axis should be fixed (not timed), and i do not need history of the points.

i want to draw a circle for example on the graph according to XY values(from -400000 to  400000 on both axis) that i'm aquiring from some place.

I tried to do that with xy graph but i couldn't change the size of the circle (in the properties>plot settings).

i do not want to do this with 2d picture because i have to do the scaling calculations by myself.

there is an attachment - i drew what i want to achieve.

have any ideas ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,439 Views)

Here you go.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,430 Views)

It's not clear from your question whether you want these shapes to be actual plots or whether you want to draw on the graph. Two different things, which require two different implementations. If it's a plot, just generate the points. As shown in the previous example, this is trivial. If you want to draw on the graph, then you need to use the graph's plot images. There's an example that ships with LabVIEW on how to draw on graphs. Please take a look at those examples and post back if you have additional questions.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,417 Views)