cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display data collected in main vi to indicators in another vi

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am collecting data using NI 6251 USB DAQ in the main vi but as i have too many controls and indicators on the main vi front panel. so i want to display the indicators(graphs) in another vi. i also want the vi with the graphs to open automatically. Does any one know how i can do this? I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks,

ygupta
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,705 Views)

Hi,

i also want the vi with the graphs to open automatically.

can you explain it little more(do you need a subvi?)

Regards,

Shrek

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,698 Views)
This sort of question has come up many times. If you do a search for "popup VI" you will find many hits. Examples are also included with LabVIEW. As for passing data there are a multitude of ways to do this. You can use control references, queues, action engines, ...
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,691 Views)

Hi Shrek,

The graphs right now are in a while loop and display the data that is acquired continuously. So I want them to be visible when the acquisition start therefore i want the vi with the graphs to open automatically at that point. i think i have touse a sub vi to do this but i dont know how to connect the graphs in the subvi with daqmx read blocks in the main vi. as i have not used sub vis before.

Message Edited by ygupta on 02-11-2010 10:01 AM
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,670 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ygupta

Hi,

Search forum for the sub vi concept.

For your reference i have attached a example.

you can see procedure for the same on the net.

regards,

Shrek

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,664 Views)

ygupta wrote: 
as i have not used sub vis before.

Have you gone through the LabVIEW tutorials? SubVI are a core concept. To learn more about LabVIEW it is recommended that you go through the tutorial(s) and look over the material in the NI Developer Zone's Learning Center which provides links to other materials and other tutorials. You can also take the online courses for free.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,662 Views)

I would also suggest using a tab control to seperate your graphs and controls.  Then you don't have to worry about popup windows.

Good Luck

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,656 Views)

Hi shrek,

Thanks for the example vi. the really helped.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,623 Views)

Hi Smercurio_fc,

Thanks for pointing out the tutorials and free online courses.

Good links for beginners like me.

Cheers,

Message Edited by ygupta on 02-12-2010 01:29 PM
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,622 Views)