From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display alarms of multiple PLC

Hello, Everyone!

I designed a simple project with LabVIEW and DSC module to monitor Siemens S7 400 PLC input and output.

the designed project has also alarm windows that show current active alarms and date and time.

now I want to integrate my second PLC same Siemens S7-400. I can both PLC input and output in my project but I am confused about how to display the alarm for the second PLC when i set the alarm window it does not ask for any setting and just display the alarm for that which is shared variable set for the alarm.

any help on this, please?

Regards

Asif

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(681 Views)

Hello Asif,

I hope your are now able to display the alarm from PLC1 and you need to do the same from PLC2 and you need this only when you switch to Set Alarm Window.

Make sure you Poll/Read for the Alarm Variables when you are switching Display Alarm tab.

Will be better if you can share the piece of code you have developed to suggest based on your approach

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(635 Views)

Hello Palanivel,

Thanks for your reply.

I want to say that when I select Alarm and Event display window it does not provide any option to select PLC. all the shared variables which are set for alarms and even logging show on the same single alarm and event windows.

Hope you understand.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(555 Views)

Firstly it is better to share the Code to understand Better and what you have implemented.

If you have Single Monitor Loop where you receive alarms from two different PLC using Shared Variable, there should be a Reference which tells the Monitor Loop to understand the Data from Which PLC, Based on the Reference you can Display the Alarm accordingly.

The Reference can be of Variable Name / Adding PLC Name along with the data, etc.,

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(550 Views)