From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display PSA screen capture on Front Panel

Solved!
Go to solution

Any one know how to display screen capture of PSA series specturm analyzer on front panel. I can save the JPEG file in the C drive, but I can't display on the front pannel. Please see my labview code.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,758 Views)

You can read a JPEG file and show the result in a picture control.  Look in the graphics palette.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,750 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Do you have any other way than read JPEG file, like convert binary data to jpeg. I don't want to save all the JPEG file, then read it again.

Thanks again,

Johnny

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,731 Views)

Do you actually need to save the front panel image?  Or do you want to save a graph of the signal (spectrum) that you acquired?  If the latter will do the trick, you can simply read the waveform over GPIB (or whichever means you control the analyzer) into an array that is plotted to a waveform graph in LabVIEW.  You then save the image of the waveform graph as an image.

Since you have all the data, you can even save the data which can be viewed later (and not only by LabVIEW).

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,727 Views)

Hi Ray,

Thanks for your help, I just want to capture the screen picture from equipmnet and place in front panel. I don't want any data. if I want any data, I can save the trace.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,707 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,704 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Jlin

Thanks, Very good information

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,693 Views)