From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable a single control field in a cluster in NXG?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have some troubles with NXG. I have defined a cluster with a variety of control elements. I would like to deactivate a single control element within this cluster. However, I can't find an option to do so in NXG 4.0. There was a very similar question asked a while ago without a working solution.

If I connect my cluster to a property node, I can select the disable option. This, however, only allows me to de/activate the whole cluster. If I connect it to a second property node, I get a type mismatch error, because the property node only sees a boolean. If I choose the value property, I can wire it to a second property node and access the individual values of my control. If I right-click on the control field in on the panel and create a reference, it is always referring to the cluster but not to the entry. Any idea what I can do? 

DeWilk_0-1578922912953.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,284 Views)

There's no property to get Elements[]?

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,247 Views)

At least, I cannot find it. Using the property node, I get the following options:

DeWilk_0-1578926505744.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,243 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author DeWilk

I contacted NI support. The feature is unfortunately not supported yet. They just recommended using the internal help/send feedback function to send a request.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,132 Views)