LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to detect which data type is passed in ?

Solved!
Go to solution

ACiDuser wrote:
smercurio…, and for checking if Output is wired - the same?

No, you cannot check that. Why would it matter as far as your subVI is concerned?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 22
(1,387 Views)
Then I could - not to process code for unwired output. - Only process data for the wired outputs. I mean - If an indicator is not wired to one of outputs - inside the VI anyway is processed whole code  and when it reaches the output (if nothing is wired) data is erased? But this processing consumes time and is useless.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 22
(1,384 Views)

I have illustrated on a picture clearly what I want 🙂

SmartVI.JPG 

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 22
(1,382 Views)
I think that a better option is to make a VI for each of the functions you need and not couple them.
Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 14 of 22
(1,358 Views)
I would agree. It seems as if you are trying to do the same kind of optimizations that some compilers do when they see that a variable doesn't get used. I don't know exactly what it is that's inside the box that has you so concerned about consuming time. Be that as it may, you should approach this from a different angle. Think OO. In other words, provide accessor functions for the data so that the user can choose what they need. Thus, you can pretty much assume that if they use it, then you need to calculate it.
Message 15 of 22
(1,353 Views)
I've already created a polymorphic VI, it works just perfect, cause it can handle variable number of inputs! thank you!
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 22
(1,333 Views)
Your last question had to do with outputs, not inputs.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 22
(1,317 Views)
Ok, but for the topic-title solution is found 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 22
(1,312 Views)
In that case you should actually mark Ravens Fan's reply as the solution since he's the one who suggested it. Smiley Wink
Message 19 of 22
(1,284 Views)
Yes, true. But how can I re-apply "solution" ?
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 22
(1,259 Views)