From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to detect (find) resource information?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all

I am trying to programatically detect the resource name information for PXI HSDIO and PXI 4130 devices.   How can I do that?    Daqmx System property does not include these devices and I can not find any way to convert a VISA resource name into the HSDIO or NI DC PS resource name formats.  I have attached a snippet that detects the VISA resource name for a 6552 device, but  I can not figure out how to get the MAX device resource name from that.   Both the niHsdio and NI DcPS "resource name" properties require that you pass a valid session into them andI need the valid resource name to do that....

And no,  asking the operator to launch MAX and look up the resource name is not an option

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,339 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author NIExpert

Hi,

Modular instruments devices use their own set of VIs to find devices in the system. The lybrary is called NI-ModInst, and i's includedin the utility pallet with the MI drivers. 

Here is a quick example that demostrates their basic use.

Let me know if there are amy questions

Regards,

JC

Message 2 of 2
(2,336 Views)