From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to detect a small Voltage Rising Drop with Noise

Hello gents, i'm working on a VI that can detect the timing start of an electric arc, the signal i have has very high values (i'm dealing with high voltage waveforms) and here i attach some zoomed in screenshots from Labview and another program to explain my problem.

As you can see the signal is quite noisy and the difference between the noise and the starting rising of arc is very small.

My questions are: how can i filter it properly and which filter should i use? How can I implement in Labview something that distinguishes the very small difference between the noise and the starting of the arc?

Note: the starting of the arc is the one circled and indicated in my screenshots, the starting of the arc doesn't always start around zero and I already can detect the end of the electric arc.

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,658 Views)

Try to average within 10-20 us this will reduce high frequency noise

and try to set signal difference threshold over 50-100 us .

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,593 Views)

A mean filter always help 🙂  ... BUT to detect slopes the median filter would be my first try 🙂

And I bet some of us would be challenged .. if you would had added some data 😉

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,573 Views)