Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to debug a single vi in target PC?

Hi:
 I still have the problem.

How do I solve 

===

your problem is (most probably) the setup of your executable or to create an installer with all needed runtimes included!

====

(1) I build exe from project. run Ok at development PC.

(2) what do you mean  "create an installer with all needed runtimes included!"

I install runtime in each PC, they are not in Exe file.

I already attached what are the different runtime in each PC.

can anyone let me know what is missing  in Target PC?

I attached these 2 file again.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 20
(697 Views)

So in a project you can build multiple thing, one of the them is an application, exe. But you can also build an installer for than exe, that can include any drivers that your program uses, the run-time engine(RTE) and more, all with the correct versions. 

Once you install a driver you need to make sure that you also have installed the support for the right LabVIEW version. Did you do that when you installed DAQmx? 

From your vi, I can see that you also is using a vi in the user.lib folder, what does that vi do? 

You also have a subvi that is not include. 

It is very very hard to help you with only a, this vi does not work. 

Take some pictures of what is happening on the pc when you run the vi.

Is there any dialog popping up ? Show us that dialog! 

If you can make a youtube video of the exe running, do that. 

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 20
(688 Views)

@zy6 wrote:

(2) what do you mean  "create an installer with all needed runtimes included!"

Use LabVIEW to build not just an executable, but a complete installer that includes all of the individual runtime installers that LabVIEW thinks you need. In the Project Explorer, right-click on "Build Specifications" and choose "New Installer". Then in the build specification for the installer, on the "Additional Installers" page, check the box labeled "Automatically select recommended installers". And of course, also add your executable to the installer.

Message 13 of 20
(687 Views)

Hi:
 When I try build , it has error.

===

Click the link below to visit the Application Builder support page. Use the following information as a reference:

Error -1 occurred at CDK_Utility_GenerateErrorCluster.vi -> IB_Source_Container.lvclass:Report_Preview_Error.vi

This error code is undefined. Undefined errors might occur for a number of reasons. For example, no one has provided a description for the code, or you might have wired a number that is not an error code to the error code input.

Additionally, undefined error codes might occur because the error relates to a third-party object, such as the operating system or ActiveX. For these third-party errors, you might be able to obtain a description of the error by searching the Web for the error code (-1) or for its hexadecimal representation (0xFFFFFFFF).

===

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 20
(667 Views)

What version of LabVIEW are you using?

Edit: It looks like you posted about this same exact error back in February, and you were using LabVIEW 2013 at the time. Check out this thread discussing problems building installers in LV2013, and try installing this patch if you haven't already.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 20
(661 Views)
Message 16 of 20
(653 Views)

Hi:

(1) I installed  Labview 2013f2 as suggested

(2) It still have the same error as before.

<error generating preview>

see attached file.

Thanks

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 20
(635 Views)

can anyone let me know if there is way to debug a single vi in a target PC from development PC?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 20
(611 Views)

@zy6 wrote:

can anyone let me know if there is way to debug a single vi in a target PC from development PC?

Thanks

You can debug an entire built application running in a target PC remotely from the development PC; if you can find the single vi you're interested in somewhere in the block diagram, then you can debug it in that way. See here: http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361K-01/lvhowto/debug_apps_dlls/

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 20
(607 Views)

If you haven't done so already, I would suggest installing Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX) on your target PC. 

Use MAX to check Devices and Interfaces connected to the target PC.  You should be able to see (and test) your DAQ hardware through the MAX interface if all of the drivers are installed correctly. 

http://www.ni.com/tutorial/4638/en/

Using Test Panels in Measurement & Automation Explorer for Devices Supported by NI-DAQmx

---------------------
Patrick Allen: FunctionalityUnlimited.ca
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 20
(601 Views)