From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to customize a control using Labview

Hi,

I am using labview 8.0.I need to customize vertical graduated bar to like the attached .bmp file picture.

How to do this?

Thanks in advance

Meenatchi

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(7,537 Views)

Hi there

use a "Pict Ring" Control from the "Ring & Enum" controls palette. You then need a picture from each state of the "vertical graduated bar".

Best regards
chris

CL(A)Dly bending G-Force with LabVIEW

famous last words: "oh my god, it is full of stars!"
Message 2 of 10
(7,512 Views)

chrisger wrote:

Hi there

use a "Pict Ring" Control from the "Ring & Enum" controls palette. You then need a picture from each state of the "vertical graduated bar".

That is the best solution if if you have a limited number of states (values) you want to indicate.

IF

You want to illustrate more states (values)

AND

You can live without the little arrows on the left and right that point to the current level

Then

Water_temperature_FP.JPG

Use a decoration with parts transparent (I used PP to do this part) to over-lay a vertical prgress bar as shown here.

If you really need all of the values and the arrows than a Picture control will let you render the image.

Ben

Message Edited by Ben on 08-05-2009 06:50 AM
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 3 of 10
(7,503 Views)
Select the control. Go to edit -->customize control. A window will open. Now select edit and import picture.
Message 4 of 10
(7,501 Views)

Please send the vi in LV8.0
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(7,496 Views)

Meenatchi wrote:

Please send the vi in LV8.0

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 6 of 10
(7,485 Views)

Use a decoration with parts transparent (I used PP to do this part) to over-lay a vertical prgress bar as shown here. If you really need all of the values and the arrows than a Picture control will let you render the image.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can you please explain in detail about how to create a transparent image to over-lay a vertical prograss bar

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(7,465 Views)

Meenatchi wrote:

Can you please explain in detail about how to create a transparent image to over-lay a vertical prograss bar

1_Edit_Image.JPG

1)

Edit your image so that you have a single color used for the soon to be transparent region.

2)

If working in Paint ctrl-a to select all and ctlr-c to copy it to the clip-board.

3)

Open PowerPoint >>> new document >>> ctrl-v to paste in your image prototype.

2_Show_Toolbar_Set_Trans_Color.JPG

4)

Right-click picture (still in PP) >>> Show Picture Toolbar >>> click Set Transparent Color

5)

Click on any pixel that is the transparent color in your prototype image. It will now be transparent along with any other pixel with that color.

6)

ctrl-c to copy the image with transparent regions.

3_Drop_Grad_bar_Advanced_Customize.JPG 

7)

Back in LV ... drop vertical graduated bar >>> right-click >>> Advanced >>> Customize  

4_Paste_from_Clipboard.JPG

😎

ctrl-v to paste from clip board

5_Hide_Label_Adjust_Size_Color.JPG

9)

Hide label , Adjust colors and size

10)

Slide the overlay over the grad bar, close, save if you want, lather rinse repeat.

Please post an image of your version to help others with similar Q's in the future.

Ben

Message 8 of 10
(7,446 Views)

Hi Ben,

Thank you very much for your reply.

But still i am finding problem to achieve the whole thing.I could able to create transparent image in Power point,but when i copy and

paste the same image in Labview,transparency of the image is lost.Please tell the reason for this.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(7,425 Views)

Meenatchi wrote:

Hi Ben,

Thank you very much for your reply.

But still i am finding problem to achieve the whole thing.I could able to create transparent image in Power point,but when i copy and

paste the same image in Labview,transparency of the image is lost.Please tell the reason for this.

Can't say.

I'm using LV 8.5 so that may be the difference. I'mnot a PP guru so the following is only a hing at best. At work my PP will let me save the image as a wmf file (Windows meta-File ?) which support tranacparency and can be import into the control editor etc.

BTW

I remebered an old trick that let me include the arrow on one side by replacing the digital display with a slder that was customized to show only the pointer.

W_Arrow.JPG 

Ben

Message 10 of 10
(7,413 Views)