LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create the PWM signal via LabVIEW

How to create the PWM signal via LabVIEW, I want to create PWM signal by using LabVIEW function. For example, I have some signal (Sine wave) and I want to change this signal becomes PWM signal. Could someone hlep me?, please.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(14,541 Views)

Hi bkk,

When you say you want to create a PWM signal, do you mean you want to output a varying voltage on some AO hardware?  What do you mean by "I have some signal", do you mean there's a sinusoidal-analog input - or does your program generate an array of values that, if graphed, would look like a sign-wave?  Please be a bit more specific on exactly what your program needs to do!  BTW, LabVIEW ships with an excellent set of Examples accessable via HELP - you may get some ideas if you search on "PWM".

Cheers.

When they give imbeciles handicap-parking, I won't have so far to walk!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(14,529 Views)
Yes, i mean i want to output a varying voltage on some AO hardware, and there is a my program generate an array of values of sinusiodal.
So, i want to generate PWM to output with camparision an array of values of sinusiodal.  Thank you ^_^.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(14,523 Views)

Hi bkk,

HELP

Find Examples

Search: "PWM"

BTW, How do you convert a sine-wave to a pulse of varying width?  Does input amplitude translate to output percent-ON? 

Cheers.

Message Edited by Dynamik on 02-15-2006 11:08 PM

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(14,510 Views)
Yes, I want to make like that. Also I have searched the example that you recomment me but not found in the example?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(14,502 Views)

Hi bkk,

How do you plan to convert a sine-wave to a pulse of varying width? - Does input amplitude translate to output percent-ON?

What version of LabVIEW do you have?

How many examples do you see when you search on PWM?

Cheers.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(14,487 Views)

how to generate pwm via ni usb-6008...

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(13,492 Views)

The USB-6008 is low-end hardware and cannot generate a PWM signal in hardware, so you will have to do it in software which will not provide consistent timing at high frequencies.  You can use code like this: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/PID-Control-analog-input-digital-outputs/m-p/1608092#M583527.  You will probably want to write to convert the square wave to a boolean (digital signal) by checking if it's greater than 0.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(13,483 Views)

hello friends

I want to generate a PWM of constant frequency ( 140 Hz ) and variable duty cycle (  5% to 95%  )

from hardware side I have cRIO 9014 and a NI 9474 module..

I need to know which approach to go with I mean is it possible in RT or FPGA...

if any one has a vi or share the snapshot...

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(11,249 Views)

hi... i am facing the same problem....did u found the solution for your question???

thanks and regards

chandrasekar

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(11,123 Views)