LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create multiple linked dialog radio buttons?

Solved!
Go to solution

As in the title.  I am trying to create a user interface wherein each dialog radio button activates a group of controls and options, and results in a subtly different execution of the VI.  Only one dialog radio button can be selected at any one time.  Bearing in mind that I use LabVIEW 6.1 (just so you don't go suggesting any of these newfangled functions ;)) could someone suggest a means of achieving my aim.

Thanking you all way in advance...!

James

P.S.  I cannot attach my 'code' as I am starting this from scratch.  🙂

Never say "Oops." Always say "Ah, interesting!"

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,621 Views)

I dont have access to LV 6 right now, but at least as far back as v7.1 there is a "Radio Buttons" control in the Boolean palette. This control will let you have a number of linked radio buttons and gets represented as an enum on the block diagram. If you then wire this to a case structure, you can choose desired behaviour based on the selected radio button:

Message Edited by shew82 on 05-06-2009 11:23 AM
Download All
Message 2 of 4
(3,615 Views)
Solution
Accepted by J.Mamakos

No radio buttons control in LabVIEW 6...

There was an example that shipped with LabVIEW 6 that showed you how to simulate a radio button group.  It's in the "Advanced Examples -> Customizing Control and VI Examples -> Custom Control Examples" section. It's called (appropriately) "Simulating Radio Buttons".

Message 3 of 4
(3,608 Views)
Why is your boss so stingy? Labview has actually shown some development since 6.1. And if you need examples you will have a hard time finding 6.1 examples on the net. I do honestly think a newer Labview version could increase your productivity. So with a newer Labview version your company could save some money.  You should mention that for Mr. Ebenezer Scrooge 
Message Edited by Coq rouge on 05-06-2009 06:17 PM

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,597 Views)