From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create modeless dialog?

Hi,

Any body tell me how to create the modeless dialog??
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,073 Views)
Could you kindly add more details??
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,073 Views)

I want to create  dialog which should allow the user to supply information and return to a previous task without closing the dialog box.

can u tell me how to create the dialog like that??

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,067 Views)

Try the Window Behaviour as Default or Floating in the Window Appearance Category of the VI Properties.

I think Floatong should work...

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
Message 4 of 9
(4,059 Views)

You could do as Partha has sugggested

Make a sub vi that displays the message on its front panel>> set its front panel properties to 'open when called' and call that sub vi at the appropriate point in your main vi.

You could also keep a dummy while loop inside that sub vi ( with a 'wait(mS)' function inside the loop and an OK button to eventually stop the popup sub vi)

Just a thought, "why not display that message on your front panel itself, instead of using a dialog box??" of course you can make this text display visible and invisible at appropriate instances

Message 5 of 9
(4,054 Views)
can u send me an example to create modeless dialog?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,037 Views)

From your y'day's post... Smiley Wink

See to the VI Properties for what I ve changed.

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
Download All
Message 7 of 9
(4,029 Views)

Thanks! I had a similar issue and this post helped me make what I needed.

As a side-note, I modified the VIs to let the main VI continue running even while the subVI popup window is still there. I've attached the modified VIs in case anybody is interested in that kind of functionality. (The comments are in Japanese, but you should still be able to see how the program works, more or less :P)

Message 8 of 9
(3,410 Views)

I also created an updated version that's translated to English, so please disregard the previous post and refer to this one instead.

Note:

The sample was created with LabVIEW 2015, so you'll need someone to down-convert it if you have an older version of LabVIEW 😞

Message 9 of 9
(3,391 Views)