From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create colorized and animated schematic on front panel

I am creating a monitoring system for an air conditioning system. I would like to show the schematic layout of the system and work from there. My problem comes in displaying it. I would like to have pipes change color, make arrows animate to show flow and have a couple other animated gif's to show movement. What is the best way to go about coloring and animated such pipes. My first idea was to make a transparent png then position color boxes behind the pipes and change their color but this seems like a poor solution and I cannot make a good looking connection where two colors intersect. In addition I would have to then animated the arrows of flow on top of the color boxes so it seems like a poor choice. Hopefully I have explained this well enough, any ideas would be great.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,283 Views)

About the pipes.. do you know that every control can be customized?

Right click... advanced... customized.

About animations.. use a picture ring and change its value every few msec.

See Labview examples "using custom controls.vi". It is a very nice one

Message 2 of 6
(3,268 Views)
The simplest thing would probably be to just purchase the DSC add-on and you would get all of those controls.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,261 Views)

Thank you for the suggestions. I cannot seem to locate the "using custom controls.vi, where is that located?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,224 Views)

Help>Find Examples

Search custom and Using Custom Controls and about 10 other VI's will come up.

Message Edited by elset191 on 06-18-2009 02:09 PM
--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Message 5 of 6
(3,221 Views)
Excellent, thank you
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,212 Views)