LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create colorized and animated schematic on front panel

I am creating a monitoring system for an air conditioning system. I would like to show the schematic layout of the system and work from there. My problem comes in displaying it. I would like to have pipes change color, make arrows animate to show flow and have a couple other animated gif's to show movement. What is the best way to go about coloring and animated such pipes. My first idea was to make a transparent png then position color boxes behind the pipes and change their color but this seems like a poor solution and I cannot make a good looking connection where two colors intersect. In addition I would have to then animated the arrows of flow on top of the color boxes so it seems like a poor choice. Hopefully I have explained this well enough, any ideas would be great.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,287 Views)

About the pipes.. do you know that every control can be customized?

Right click... advanced... customized.

About animations.. use a picture ring and change its value every few msec.

See Labview examples "using custom controls.vi". It is a very nice one

Message 2 of 6
(3,272 Views)
The simplest thing would probably be to just purchase the DSC add-on and you would get all of those controls.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,265 Views)

Thank you for the suggestions. I cannot seem to locate the "using custom controls.vi, where is that located?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,228 Views)

Help>Find Examples

Search custom and Using Custom Controls and about 10 other VI's will come up.

Message Edited by elset191 on 06-18-2009 02:09 PM
--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Message 5 of 6
(3,225 Views)
Excellent, thank you
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,216 Views)