LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create an exe file using labview and arduino?

I bought Arduino Mega 2560. I have installed Arduino IDE 1.7.3. I am using Windows 7 64bit version and Labview 2012. I started working after the compilation of LIFA_Base File with Arduino IDE and with labview.

My application is: I have connected my arduino to my PC via USB for read input/output pins. I have to read all the time an analogue input from arduino and I have to draw the graphical representation of the input. I would like to know if I can create an exe file of this application. I would like to use the created exe file to another PC without labview installation. 

Please help me to resolve the problem.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,247 Views)

Yup you sure can.  With Application Builder, that is bundled with several LabVIEW packages you can make an EXE, and then make an installer that can include the LabVIEW Run-Time engine (free) and you'll also need the VISA run-time for talking to serial devices like your Arduino.

Then you should be able to run that installer on any normal Windows PC and without the development environment be able to run your program.

Note that currently Student, and Home versions of LabVIEW do not have the application builder since it is intended for learning, and hobbyist, not for distributions.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,238 Views)

@tiho wrote:

I bought Arduino Mega 2560. I have installed Arduino IDE 1.7.3. I am using Windows 7 64bit version and Labview 2012. I started working after the compilation of LIFA_Base File with Arduino IDE and with labview.

My application is: I have connected my arduino to my PC via USB for read input/output pins. I have to read all the time an analogue input from arduino and I have to draw the graphical representation of the input. I would like to know if I can create an exe file of this application. I would like to use the created exe file to another PC without labview installation. 

Regards

@tiho wrote:

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,914 Views)

I thought the answer to your question was spelled out very clearly in the post directly above yours.  Let us know if you have any difficulties implementing it.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,890 Views)