LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create an event when using external image

Using multiple external display images how does one create unique events that will be recognized by the event structure when a line is drawn on any one of the images for instance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,064 Views)

Hi Lammi,

Can you provide a bit more detail regarding your application? Primarily, when you say that you are displaying images, how are you displaying the images? Are you using a picture control or an IMAQ image display an image on a LabVIEW VI front panel? Are you doing something similar to the example VI "Draw Graph with Events" in the example finder under Building User Interfaces > Keyboard and Mouse?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,042 Views)

Thanks for the reply. Yes it is an IMAQ app. Am using two monitors so the UUT image, or multiple images, can be as large as posible so during analysis a line tool ,etc can be positioned with some degree of accuracy. From the VI that creates these images I am using "Vision Utilities" > "External Display" VI's. What I would like happen, for instance, is by drawing a line in either external image display a line intensity profile on a line graph from the main VI. I can get this to work successfully but functionally not the way I need. By placing code in the "Time Out" event sequence and wiring a value of, say 5, to the time out termanal of the event structure it does what I want, however I do not want this being poled all the time but want each new draw event to cause a seperate event only after the line has been drawn for more functionality and control. So how can I get the event structure to see a line drawn on an external image to be seen by the event structure to fire an unique event?  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,034 Views)