LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a tree structure with check boxs using Windows Activex Control?

Hi,

I am very new to LabVIEW. I am trying to create a tree structure with Check Boxes like the below. It would be great if someone would show me a right direction to go forward.
The aim is to select the item and one by one i have to get the Path and give as an input to by application VI.

Thanks and Best Regards
Prathap

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,412 Views)
Hey Prathap,

You would need to attach your picture if you want it to show up here.  LabVIEW does have a radio button control that you could use if the picture is anything like what I think it is.  Please post the picture and let me know some specific questions about what you are doing.

Thanks!
Andy F.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,396 Views)

Hi Andy,

Sorry i pasted the Picture.. Pls find the attached picture.

Following are my requirement:

1) I need to populate a tree given a root directory, listing all the Folders and file of cetain pattern(*.pjt... ther will be only one *.pjt in every subfolders).

2) I need a check box for every *.pjt to select the its path. The list of pjt files selected are used for my automation test suit.

Pls let me know if you need more info.

Best Regards

Prathap

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,393 Views)
Prathap,

I took a look at that picture.  That would be a good control.  I went through the ActiveX control list and didn't find something exactly like what you are looking for.  Is there a specific control you were looking for?  You could probably so something similar with an Table or Multicolumn Listbox.  It would require significant programming though.  The .NET control CheckedListBox would also probably do what you would like as well.  Most of these controls would require you to program some.

Is this what you are looking for?  I might suggest checking out some VB code using these controls, which you can adapt using property and invoke nodes in LabVIEW.
Andy F.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,379 Views)
I was able to get the checkboxes on a Microsoft TreeView Control Version 6.0 activex control. After inserting this control, right click on it and select Treeview properties.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,362 Views)
unclebump

this is great!!

Could you please attach the code for pupulating the Microsoft Tree Control.?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,151 Views)
create tree structure and use property and invoke nodes to add the tags,strings,icons which sholud be displayed in the tree nodes, you have to index the icons before and configure it to that parent nodes, i have populated the values in the subpanel, which is very easy, you try with the example.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,138 Views)