LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a simple boiler monitor simulation?

Hi there, I'm new to this forum and i've just registered to it because i'm really seeking for help and i'm out of ideias.

Anyways. So, here's my problem - i want to make a simulation, just a simple simulation, of a boiler, with a automatic monitoring system that controls automatically the variables like temperature, pressure, and water level. Just these variables is enough. And i want that randomly, a spike occurs in one of this values so the boiler becomes "overpressurized" or becomes "overheated" or the water level get too high and needs to be controlled. So the system automatically detects these spikes and increase or decrease the temperature of the boiler by adjusting a simple temp controller, like a simple thermostat. I tried many times but u can't find a way to generate random spikes of value and add it to some variable like the pressure or temp. And I'm very new to this program so, if it is not asking too much, i would like some sample program. Anyways. I've attached some examples that i've found in the internet of what i want to make. Thanks in advance and I'm looking forward for any help.Front-panel-of-a-VI-Virtual-Instrument-LabVIEW.jpg

Block-Diagram-of-a-VI.jpg

Message 1 of 3
(4,251 Views)

Hi Bucky,

i want to make a simulation, just a simple simulation, of a boiler, with a automatic monitoring system that controls automatically the variables like temperature, pressure, and water level. … And i want that randomly, a spike occurs in one of this values so the boiler becomes "overpressurized" or becomes "overheated" or the water level get too high and needs to be controlled.

Every programming task starts (or should start) with writing down ALL requirements on a sheet of paper.

Then you start to develop an algorithm - also on a sheet of paper…

I tried many times

What have you tried?

Why don't you attach your trial VI?

but u can't find a way to generate random spikes of value and add it to some variable like the pressure or temp.

"We" know ways of doing so - but "u" unfortunately not. (Please read this.)

And I'm very new to this program so,

Then I suggest to start with learning LabVIEW and DATAFLOW - like offered in the Training section in the header of this LabVIEW board!

LabVIEW comes with a huge library of example VIs and prjoects. I know there is an example for a PID control with some simulated "plant"…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 3
(4,229 Views)

Hi,

There is a lot way to build a Boiler simulation program in LabVIEW. As you are not familiarized with LabVIEW yet, I recommend you to start learning basic LabVIEW concepts. You may start from Introduction to LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,196 Views)