From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a "right click menu"?

Brilliant work, Kurt ! Smiley Happy
- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
Message 11 of 15
(5,633 Views)

I appreciate everything that Kurt does, but when there are free options, people usually tend to choose those.

In this case, at least one of these free options has another advantage in that uses the Windows API, so that you get the standard OS look (although that won't work on the Mac or the Linux).

You can get to the LAVA forums simply by searching Google for (brace yourself) "LAVA forums". You should also search this forum, because you might find the Windows API implementation only here (I don't remember).

To learn more about LabVIEW, I suggest you try searching this site and google for LabVIEW tutorials. Here, here, here, here and here are a few you can start with and here are some tutorial videos. You can also contact your local NI office and join one of their courses.
In addition, I suggest you read the LabVIEW style guide and the LabVIEW user manual (Help>>Search the LabVIEW Bookshelf).

(5,628 Views)

Hi Kurt,

Where do I need to place the folder "Popup Menu Toolkit V1.3 Evaluation" inside the LabVIEW directory, after it is unzipped ?

Can you clarify me ?

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
Message 13 of 15
(5,617 Views)
Hi, thanks for all of your help! It is greatly appreciated!

I cannot download the Popup Menu Toolkit as It always corrupts during download (most likely due to my works firewall) so I will probably use the Rt Click Menu.vi, although thank you for the directions you have given me with which I can find help later on if needed.

I figured that google might hold the answer, it usually does 😉 and I have worked through NI's LabVIEW basics I & II and LabVIEW Intermediate I & II so I have already a basic grasp on LabVIEW and as stated, just needed a little help on this matter.

Thanks again for all of your help!

Yorky
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(5,611 Views)
Hi Partha

There is no specific location to install the toolkit, just unzip it anywhere. You can get started by just running PopupMenu.Demo.vi
Kurt Friday
www.sciware.com.au
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(5,593 Views)