From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a controller for "configure spectral measurements" window

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello Everyone,

Problem: We know that to change "Window" for spectral measurements. We need to double click on it , configure spectral measurement window pops up and select whichever window (eg., None, Hanning, Hamming, Blackman Harris etc) we like to view. Instead of double clicking in block diagram, I want to provide users a window controller in front panel in the form of list, so that they can select the appropriate window type as needed.

I am figuring out how to solve it. Can someone share their knowledge ont his issue? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,539 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jagadeesh_1990

Right click on spectral measurements and "convert to subVI".  Right click on yellow VI that shows up and click on open front panel.  Replace the "Spectrum Window" constant with an enum control (0=None, 1=Hanning, 2=Hamming, etc).

Message 2 of 5
(2,507 Views)

Thank you Zwired1 Smiley Happy

Your answer works. But I want my input in main vi and not in subVI. There should someway to do it. Can you share your thoughts

I am a newbie to labview and in learning phase.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,470 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jagadeesh_1990

On the front panel of the subVI, add the newly-created ENUM control to the connector pane by left clicking on an open rectangle on the connector pane icon in the upper right corner and then on the ENUM control.  Save the subVI.  If you show context help and mouse over the subVI icon in the main VI you should see the ENUM's name as a connection to the subVI, if you've done it correctly.   Right click on the node on the subVI icon in the main vi and say "create control". 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,462 Views)

This worked. Thank you Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,455 Views)