LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a chain of buttons?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I'm new to using labview and I want to create a simple program such that when a user selects a button another button would show up.

i.e. If user selects LED, then on the front panel 2 other buttons would appear to prompt the user which LED should be on. If the user selects motor, then 3 buttons would show on the front panel whether it is turning left, right or to stop it.

I was wondering if this is possible. If so, I was wondering how to go about doing this.

Thanks for the help in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(2,864 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author dragonite123

@bluexdestination wrote:

Hi, I'm new to using labview and I want to create a simple program such that when a user selects a button another button would show up.

i.e. If user selects LED, then on the front panel 2 other buttons would appear to prompt the user which LED should be on. If the user selects motor, then 3 buttons would show on the front panel whether it is turning left, right or to stop it.

I was wondering if this is possible. If so, I was wondering how to go about doing this.

Thanks for the help in advance!

if you rt click on the buttons you wish to show on the front panel, create>property node.... there is a property call 'visible'. make these false upon initialization and then true when your LED or Motor buttons are true

Message 2 of 10
(2,856 Views)

Yes.  You would use property nodes of those other controls to set their visibility.

Message 3 of 10
(2,855 Views)

You could start working out with something like this. Hide the LED2 & LED 3 Controls in the front panel. When you start the program and click LED, the Othertwo buttons become visible. 

LED1.png

Nghtcwrlr

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 4 of 10
(2,845 Views)

Equal to True?  That's a Rube Goldberg.  Just wire the boolean through.

Assuming the other cases of the case structure have the same property nodes and just the other boolean value, then that is all a Rube Goldberg also.  Just wire th value into the property nodes directly, or wire a NOT function in in case you need to change True to False or False to True.

Message 5 of 10
(2,817 Views)

this all depends on whether it is a latch or switch

Message 6 of 10
(2,808 Views)

@apok wrote:

How do you figure that?  Please explain further.

Message 7 of 10
(2,805 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:

@apok wrote:

How do you figure that?  Please explain further.

ouch,my mistake...was not thinking

note to self: cut back on coffee

Message 8 of 10
(2,783 Views)

The LED is a Switch when released. No latch. thanks  for pointing out the  Rube Goldberg. I guess i was a bit high on coffee yesterday 😛

LED_V2.PNG

Nghtcwrlr

Message 9 of 10
(2,749 Views)

Thanks for all the help guys! 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,723 Views)