LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create Simulink dll and VI executable together?

Hello,

I have a simulink model and a dll for the same built nidll.tlc. To run this dll under window platform, I follow similar procedure as I would follow for a RT target machine. Only instead of pointing it to a target machine, I leave the target machine option at 'localhost'. With this arrangement, I am able to run the dll within windows environment.
I want to create a VI executable that would do the same. I was able to create this executable. The vi exe works fine with Matlab open. Thus, the model opens and simulates as it should. Now, if I try to run the dll as earlier mechanism, then I get Error 63. LabView creates a bunch of VIs when the model is compiled. When user want to 'retarget' the simulation to RT target, he/she has to point to one of the VIs that was create (.vi) and the dll file. Should these VIs be given under Add Dynamic VI option??
Anything that I am missing? I have set the permission on the LabView for Windows so that the VIs are exported etc. I am using LabView 7.1 and Matlab6.5.1.
Following combinations are working fine:
1. LabView VI - Matlab/Simulink
2. LabView VI - Model dll (on same windows machine) No matlab open
3. LabView VI exe - Matlab/Simulink
Now the last combination of LabView VI exe - Model dll, this is not working.

AD
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,174 Views)
Hello AD,

Try having the dlls in the system folder of your RT system. That might infact solve the whole issue. If you have not tried to add the dlls as dynamic file during building of the executable, we can try that too.

Regards,

Arun V
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,161 Views)