LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to correctly set relative Waveform Chart/Graph time to show TRUE seconds?

Hello everyone, 

I'm quite new to LabVIEW and I have read a lot of topics, watched YouTube videos, searched examples, but I still can't find solution so I need your help now. I am trying to plot a simple numeric floating-point data in Waveform Chart. I set time on X-axis to relative, but seconds on this axis are passing incorrectly - too slow or too fast, depending on my loop iteration time. I am trying to manually adjust X-axis scale multiplier to match seconds, but I know this won't fix the problem. How to make time on Waveform Chart X-axis go correctly and not dependent on my code execution time/sampling rate, etc.? Sorry, I can't upload .Vi because it's an one big mess. If you didn't understand my problem, I could make simple simulation .Vi

Thank you 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(932 Views)

Build your "simple numeric floating point" into a waveform where you have a T0 value of the current time.

Is your data regularly sampled?

You can set the the T0 and dT for a particular plot of a chart through a property node.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(923 Views)

Sorry if ''simple numeric floating-point data'' looked funny to you. I attached example. If you run program, you see that seconds pass slower. I don't know how to build waveform since it's Y input is array, and my data is numeric floating-point. And I don't know sample rate of my sensors, also I can't predict my code execution time as it depends on computer CPU, memory and other factors.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(912 Views)

If the loop rate is constant, you can do the following.

altenbach_0-1614712379811.png

If the loop rate is variable during the run, more code is needed because charts and graphs assume constant spacing.

If you read your sensor one point at a time (software timed), just define a sufficiently slow constant loop rate and the spacing will be constant.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(879 Views)