LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to copy the XY graph on labview front panel and insert into Excel using labview

Hi,

I don't have Report Generation Toolkit. I create excel test report by my labview code ...

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(1,250 Views)

@KPRO wrote:

Hi,

Thank you, I can use "Export Image" option but I can not find "Export Plot Data To Excel" option. I am using Labview 8.6, does it have Export Plot Data To Excel option?

Khanh

I think the Export Plot Data to Excel was introduced in 2010(?).  I don't see it in 8.2 and I don't remember seeing it in 8.6.  Besides, that doesn't give you an image.  It gives the raw point values, which you already have.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(1,247 Views)

@KPRO wrote:

Hi,

I don't have Report Generation Toolkit. I create excel test report by my labview code ...

How are you creating the test report?  Can you share your code so that we have a firm point of reference?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(1,244 Views)

Hi,

I found the write to cell subvi on internet and use it to write value to any row and column of the excel report. Pls see the attached for details.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(1,236 Views)

Hi All,

Is it possible to insert a waveform graph into the TDMS file using LabVIEW? If yes, please suggest me.

Regards,

Mahantesh

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(1,199 Views)

Hello Mantesh,

Currently, it is not possible to insert a waveform graph into a TDMS file using LabVIEW.  You can, however, insert the data for the graph into the TDMS file.  Below this message, I have included a few resources that might be able to help you use the TDMS file format and also how to use the LabVIEW Report Generation Toolkit to pipe a graph right out into Microsoft Office! 

The NI TDMS File Format

Reading and Writing TDMS Files

Plotting a Line Graph in Excel from LabVIEW

TDM Excel Add-In Tool for Microsoft Excel User Guide

There is also a great Developer Zone series about using the Microsoft Report Generation Toolkit to do a multitude of things as well.  I happen to think it is an invaluable resource for those that work closely with Microsoft Office products after gathering data in LabVIEW:

Creating a Report in Microsoft Excel Using the LabVIEW Report Generation Toolkit: Part 1

Creating a Report in Microsoft Excel Using the LabVIEW Report Generation Toolkit: Part 2

Creating a Report in Microsoft Excel Using the LabVIEW Report Generation Toolkit: Part 3

Creating a Report in Microsoft Excel Using the LabVIEW Report Generation Toolkit: Part 4

Also, if you'd like, since this is a rather old thread, you could get more people viewing your issue if you start a new forum post.  It is always nice to have a lot of people looking over your questions!  Please let me know if these resources help or if you need a little more information!  

| Zach J. | Systems Engineer, HIL and Test Cells | National Instruments |
Message 16 of 16
(1,185 Views)