From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to copy LABVIEW array or cluster data to the Windows clipboard

Duplicate.

I gotta say, this whole thing is a peeve of mine about LabVIEW...  When I right click the array indicator on my front panel, one of the things that appears in the menu is "Data Operations".  Ah!  Yes!  The data!  I want my data!  I already wrote code to slam it into an array, it's sitting there all juicy and ready to be analyzed in Excel.  Yes, I could write more code to export it, but I don't have to do that with a Waveform Graph for instance.  I can just right click it and "Export Data To Excel".  Very sweet.  I'm in a hurry doing lots of what-if testing.  I'll write Excel exporter functions once I figure out exactly what data I want to keep.  I just want to get the data ASAP and plop it into Excel.  So anyway, with the array, I click into the "Data Operations" sub-menu.  Then I see "Copy Data".  Good!  Yes!  I want my DATA!  So I copy it.  Then I go to Excel and paste it.  What do I get?  My data?  No.  I get a little picture showing part of a cell or something.  A PICTURE!  What has that picture to do with my DATA?  It's probably too long to put into the sub-menu, but "Copy Data" should be renamed to "Copy Useless, Frustrating Picture of a Tiny Part of Your Data".

Message 12 of 12
(420 Views)