LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to convert .vi to .exe

hi, I want to convert my VI to an application. Any software package recommended? (if free, better)
Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,217 Views)
The 'recommended' software package is Application Builder. If you have LV 6 Professional, it's on the CD. Otherwise you have to buy it separately from NI.
good luck !
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(3,217 Views)
If you want it to be free, and you don't have application builder, you can't make an exe, but you can download LabVIEW runtime engine from NI site, and use it to run your vi in a machine without LabVIEW.
Hope this helps
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(3,217 Views)
Please direct me to the url where I can download the LabVIEW runtime engine within the NI site. I would like to attempt this solution.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(3,217 Views)
Try http://digital.ni.com/softlib.nsf/web%2Fall%20software?OpenView&Start=1&Count=500&Expand=15.6.2#15.6.2 and select your OS, and next time you should try just making a search 🙂
Good luck
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(3,217 Views)
Hi.

How does this work? I tried downloading the LVRTE and installing it on a
machine without LabVIEW. I then attempted to open one of my LabVIEW vi
libraries (is that the problem?) and it did not work.

What am I missing here?

"Gorka Larrea" wrote in message
news:506500000005000000E6440000-1001806086000@exchange.ni.com...
> If you want it to be free, and you don't have application builder, you
> can't make an exe, but you can download LabVIEW runtime engine from NI
> site, and use it to run your vi in a machine without LabVIEW.
> Hope this helps
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(3,217 Views)
The LabVIEW runtime engine should be the same version of LabVIEW, else it won't work. If still gives problems, search for LabVIEW run time engine problems in NI site, and if you don't get an answer, even ask NI or in this forum.
Good luck
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(3,217 Views)
I thought the LV RunTime Engine only contained the .dlls and other routines necessary for running compiled LV programs. Are you thinking of the LabVIEW Player for running .vis?

Rob
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(3,217 Views)
At least in LV 5, the labview runtime engine is an executable that gives the capacity of running vi's without LabVIEW, and don't think that has changed in LV 6, or am i wrong?
Cheers
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(3,217 Views)
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that both the actual run time engines for 5.1 and 6 are a set of dll's. This ".exe" runtime engine is, I think, something created with an older app builder option. As far as I know, this does not exist for LabVIEW 6 and I'm not sure if was a "legal" option for LabVIEW 5.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(3,217 Views)