From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to convert a vi from windows 7 to windows XP ??

HI:

Thank you for help.

(1) I have development PC run windows 7 with labview 2013.

(2) I need make a change for one vi to transfer to a PC run Windows XP with labview 10.

(3) I made a change in development PC and save it as labview 10 version.

but when I copy it to a PC with windows XP, it has below error.

====

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  VI is not loadable.

In a built application, this error might occur because the VI being loaded was last compiled for a different OS, in which case you must save the VI on the current platform. This error also might occur if the VI is a polymorphic VI, which cannot be loaded in the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine. You must load an instance of the polymorphic VI instead of the polymorphic VI itself.

===

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,383 Views)

HI:

Thank you for help.

(1) I have development PC run windows 7 with labview 2013.

(2) I need make a change for one vi to transfer to a PC run Windows XP with labview 10.

(3) I made a change in development PC and save it as labview 10 version.

but when I copy it to a PC with windows XP, it has below error.

(4) I attached 2 files from Windows 7 with labview version 10,

can anyone save it in windows XP and email me back?

====

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  VI is not loadable.

In a built application, this error might occur because the VI being loaded was last compiled for a different OS, in which case you must save the VI on the current platform. This error also might occur if the VI is a polymorphic VI, which cannot be loaded in the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine. You must load an instance of the polymorphic VI instead of the polymorphic VI itself.

===

Thanks

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,386 Views)

Unless you have a LabVIEW development environment running on a Windows XP machine.

I think you are basically an inclined plane wrapped around a cylinder as LabVIEW 2012 was the last version to support XP directly.

http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/53409/en/

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,362 Views)

I notice you attached two VIs that appear to be a Front-Panel Indicator, a Cluster that contains (among other things) arrays of other Clusters.  Are these the things that won't open in LabVIEW 10 on Win XP?  Since all of your Cluster elements are Strings, you should be able to re-create these "from scratch" on your XP LV10 system.

The Error Message you quoted mentioned built code.  Aren't you trying to open VIs "saved for Previous Versions" in LabVIEW?  I would have thought that this would "just happen", regardless of Windows version, but there may be something subtle going on.

I do know that at one point, I "back-saved" some code from LabVIEW 12 (which was certainly running on Windows 7) to LabVIEW 7 (which was running on my XP VM) and had no problems.  Unfortunately, my VM is a little cranky (and I'm a little short of time) so I can't create an XP/LV10 system as a Test Base ...

Bob Schor

Message 4 of 5
(2,339 Views)

I re open and save these 2 files in Windows Xp and Labview 2010, they are working on windows Xp PC now. Thanks.

Just wonder if there is any other way to do it without have another pc with windows XP.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,306 Views)