From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to convert a string to a ten bit binary number?

Hello again!
Now we have another small problem that is very easy but we don´t manage how to do... we have a while-loop and herein we have a text-file that we read one kind of string from. Then to create an array of theese strings we tried to drag an indicator outside the loop and then rightclick on the tunnel and do enable indexing... should one not get an array out from here?? Best regards!
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(411 Views)
Hello!

Sorry I think I left my brain at home today!! Frustrating but true :P. There is no need for an answer on my question! Thanks!!
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(408 Views)
This is a similar problem to something I've just been working on. If the extra two bits from the second byte are consecutive bits then you can use masking, 'rotate bits' and 'join numbers'to get what you need.

You need to be carefull that you number representations match though, otherwise you can get unexpected results.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(398 Views)