LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to convert LabVIEW 2.2 for Mac to PC

Need to convert labview software from MAC to PC.
Moved files from mac to pc. No files with .vi extension. several resource.frk files in sub directories. Is there any instructions for conversion or is this not possible?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,469 Views)
Ithink you might need a version of LabVIEW 2 or 3 for the PC to successfully convert the VIs from MAC to PC. I don't think you can go directly from MAC v2.2 to PC v 4, and 5 and higher cannot even read version 2 VIs. If you recently upgraded to LabVIEW 6, you should be able to get the LabVIEW 2,3 to 6 VI conversion kit from National Instruments. The kit should come with scaled down versions of those versions of LabVIEW for purposes of converting your VIs
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,469 Views)
I tried that with labview 3 on the PC but the files didn't have a .vi extension. I also renamed one of the files to see if the extension would work but labview 3 was unable to identify the file as a labview vi. Any other possibilities?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,469 Views)
Well, it may be that the old LabVIEW was not able to convert between versions and operating systems at the same time. If that is the case, you would need version 3 on the MAC. This might be due to the fact that there was no PC version until 3 and therefor cross platform support for 2 was not a factor. I'm really not sure on this one.

It might just be that something happened to the VIs in the transfer. You might try transfering the files using some other method.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,468 Views)
I've heard of people doing this before. It's been a couple of years but the process involved going from LV 2 to 3 on the MAC. Then from 3 MAC to 3 LV. Then use the LabVIEW converion kit. You may be able to bypass the 2 to 3 on MAC step.

From my understanding you can open LV 4 and onwards VIs with LV 6. Here's a Knowledgebase entry you might find useful:
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/6f80a168949d5799862569310076f14b?OpenDocument

Another KB entry discusses how to move files between the PC and MAC:
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/3efedde4322fef19862567740067f3cc/5b64515b3246bd8b862565210079a8dd?OpenDocument

Best of luck,
Kamran
An
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,468 Views)