From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to control values in a subpanel vi

Solved!
Go to solution

This may work for me with one issue.  I don't want to run the user provided subVI at all, but that doesn't seem to be necessary.  Your solution works even if I skip the call by reference node, so that's not the issue.  The issue is that I may not know before hand what the connector pane is for the user provided subVI.  As long as it is the same as the one for the VI reference constant all is good, but if it is different, there will be an error.  The only thing that I know for sure about the subVI is that it has a constant on the front panel with a known label, which lets me find a reference to the label by searching through the list of control references on the front panel of the subVI.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(1,404 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author cbfsystems

I think you'll need to abandon events and try polling the Control Value.

Message 12 of 15
(1,396 Views)

SetControl.png

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(1,390 Views)

Thank you everyone for your input on this.  I learned some things - in particular how to use static references with respect to my problem.  What I think I will do for my particular application is to just read back the control value using a property node when the user is done with the configuration.  That will work fine for my application since I don't use the value for anything until the configuration is done.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(1,380 Views)

@drjdpowell wrote:

I think you'll need to abandon events and try polling the Control Value.

That hurts...a bit!

There are value change events....and some .....

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(1,376 Views)