LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to control the current by lab view program for a agilent E3631A power supply

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have written a lab view program for agilent E3631A triple output power supply in constant voltage mode, and I want to update it to work in constant current mode also. But I do not find any function in the Instrument I/O that is related to the current but only the current limit which I have already used to write my programs for the constant voltage mode. How can I do this?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,605 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Iro

When the current exceeds the current limit, the power supply will be in constant current.  The supply doesn't really have a set constant current.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,583 Views)

But that is only if the current exceeds the current limit right? But how to know exactly when it will be in constant current mode? Can I write a program for constant current mode with VISA

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,567 Views)

Set the voltage to as high as you can without hurting your UUT.  Set the current to your desired output current.  If the current can't be reached with that voltage, the supply will output the max voltage.  Otherwise it will output whatever voltage it can at that current.  This is the way power supplies with a constant current setting work as well.

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,565 Views)

Okay, im gona try it out now. Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,557 Views)

Well, I tried to give a lower current limit and a high voltage by the lab view program I wrote, to get a constant current.

CC is displayed at the beginning but then CC disappears and CV reappears.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,550 Views)

Sounds like your UUT is not drawing enough current to keep the supply in CC mode.

How much current are you trying to drive?  At what voltage?  You might want to look into a Source Measurement Unit like Agilent's B2901A.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,537 Views)