From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to control tank and thermometer in my virtual system

Hi all

I have a problem with my program in labview. I'm trying to create an app that consist of 4 parts:
1. To fill first tank from 0 to 90 (first variable - water level )
2. To raise temperature form 0 to 40 (second variable - temperature)
3. To move water from first tank to the second 
4. Back to first point - filling the first tank
etc
I've used 2 switches: turn on/off, start/stop process. Both of buttons can stop the whole process but values of all variables should be remembered

Thanks,

Tom

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,163 Views)

Duplicate Post

Please don't create new messages with the same question.  Stick to your original thread.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,154 Views)

Hi Tom,

Thank you for describing your application. Looking at your project, it seems obvious what you can do to improve your application.

The architecture you chose resembles that of a finite state machine.

In order to properly implement it, please use Enumerated constants instead of String constants for your states.

To preserve and correctly control dataflow, use shift registers on your while loop instead of variables.

To get started quickly with your architecture, select Create New - VI from template from the File menu in your project window. In Frameworks - Design Patterns choose Standard State Machine.

To fully understand dataflow in LabVIEW, go through tutorials and learning materials here

http://www.ni.com/gettingstarted/labviewbasics/

Let us know if you have any more specific questions!

Patricia

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,138 Views)