From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to control samples of a 3D graph?

Hi,

Im working with a data acquistion program, were I have three forces, wich I want to be shown as a 3D graph. Now, when I implement the 3D graph, it uses a lot of CPU power, so I would like to sample the graph slower, for example about 50 times pr second, would be enough (and would probably save some CPU power?).

I have made a test VI to try to get it working, but I cant get the loops running. The three waveform generators are to simulate the tree forces, that I will get from the DAQ assistant.

Any ideas to solve it, mabye make it on a different way? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,687 Views)
I forgot to mention, that as it is by now, it would probably give some timing issues in a bigger system?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,683 Views)

Anything over 30 Hz is near imposible for a human to notice.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,680 Views)
Yea I also think that 30Hz vould be enough, thats why I have to find a way to "tune" it down 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,678 Views)

Sorry but I have not learned the 3d picture version so I can not help.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,663 Views)
Help anyone? 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,640 Views)

Hi Bjarne,

I have tried your attached VI in Labview 2009 an it seems to run fine with a 3D graph udate rate at 1Hz. Can you confirm this?

Depends on your application you might want to consider multiple loops structures in Labview, where DAQ and Data presentation/Logging has their own loop for optimizing the performance.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

Message Edited by Morini on 02-22-2010 09:41 AM
-----------------------------------------------------
Dennis Morini
District Sales Manager
National Instruments Denmark
http://www.ni.com/ask
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,623 Views)

Hi, 

Thanks for your reply. Yea mabye it would be a good idea to split it op in loops. I have tried to do it in this vi, is it the right way to do it ? you should imagine the loop with the waveform generators as a bigger system 🙂 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,613 Views)