From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to control assembled 3d printer consisted of Newport ESP301 and Nordson Dispenser

Hello,

Has everyone used LabView to control a 3d printer? Recently, our lab set up a 3d printer using Newport ESP301 controller and Nordson Ultimus V dispenser, and we want to use LabView to operate it. However, we have no idea about the instruction input method. ESP301 could control the stage motion by ASCII code input or the Labview subVI, and after the stages moved to a specific position, the dispenser was triggered to extrusion the materials to form what we wanted. Both two controller could be controller by ASCII code or their Labview sub-VI driver. Should we just put subVIs in a new VI to achieve these complex motions or edit an ASCII code file.

Could someone give us any comments or simple examples to control ESP301 and any dispenser.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,247 Views)

Have you read this?  Looks like just what you want at the end.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Labview-driver-for-Newport-ESP301/td-p/3625133

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,218 Views)

Thanks,  I found that topic and that was about how to control the stage motion. Besides that, we want to know the method to join and operate two different components together. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,214 Views)

I think that your problem is LabVIEW knowledge.

Go trough basic course of LabVIEW. Experience cannot be build in some hours trough internet forum.

Benoit

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,178 Views)

Have you solved the problem?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,901 Views)

@jiaxw wrote:

Have you solved the problem?

Which problem? Communicating with one of these devices or learning LabVIEW to build real applications?

For the first describe your specific problem, for the latter go through the online courses available and then start programming. Expect to invest quite a bit more than a few hours into this!

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,884 Views)